If you live in the woods, you need to be equipped. That implies keeping the correct supplies at all times. Below are five items you should have if you live in the woods.
1. Signaling Device
When living in the woods, you must have a signaling device to alert others of your location in an emergency. There are a few different types of signaling devices that you can choose from, depending on your needs and preferences.
- Whistle – Whistles are small and easy to carry, making them a good choice for hikers and campers. You can also find whistles with a lanyard or clip so that you can attach them to your clothing or backpack.
- Flare gun – Flare guns shoot out a bright light, which can be seen for miles. They’re ideal for boaters or anyone who spends time near water. You can also find flares attached to your life jacket or other clothing, so they’ll be readily available if you need them.
- Handheld radios – Radios are great for communicating with others at your party and listening to weather reports and other information. Some radios even have GPS capabilities, so you can track your location if lost.
2. First Aid Kit
A first aid kit is an essential item to have if you live in the woods. It should be packed with items that can treat minor injuries and illnesses. Some of the items that you should include in a first aid kit are:
- Bandages: for cuts and scrapes
- Antiseptic wipes: for cleaning wounds
- Antibiotic ointment: for preventing infection
- Pain relief medication: for aches and pains
- Tweezers: for removing splinters and ticks
- Scissors: for cutting bandages and gauze
- Thermometer: for checking fever
If you have any chronic medical conditions, pack medications and supplies needed to manage them. And remember to include a first aid guidebook so you know how to use the items in your kit properly.
You can use ropes for many things, such as tying up your food so that animals can’t get to it or building a shelter. A rope is also helpful if you cross a river or climb a tree. You must always figure out when to tie something up or make a makeshift shelter. A rope can also be used for fishing, as a clothesline, or even as a belt. A rope is one of those versatile items and can be used in many different ways. If you’re planning on living in the woods, add a rope to your list of must-have items.
4. Lighter Or Matches
Lighters are usually the easiest way to start a fire. You can find them at most stores that sell camping gear. Matches are also widely available but can be more challenging if windy or wet outside. Make sure you know how to use whichever method you choose before starting a fire in an emergency.
5. Deer Feeders
If you live in an area with a lot of deer, it’s a good idea to have a deer feeder. Deer feeders can be purchased online or at your local hardware store. Please read the reviews before purchasing it, as some models are better than others.
When filling your feeder, be sure to use high-quality deer food. Deers love fresh fruits and vegetables, so consider adding these to your diet. You can also add corn, oats, and other grains. Be sure to change the food occasionally, so the deer don’t get bored.
In addition to food, your deer will also need water. A water bowl or trough is a good option for providing water for deer. Be sure to clean the bowl or trough regularly to keep the water fresh.
Deer are beautiful creatures, and watching them in your backyard can be a real treat. You’re sure to see more deer around your property by providing them with food and water.
If you live in the woods, it’s important to be prepared. You should always have five items on hand: a flashlight, a map, a first aid kit, a fire starter, and a whistle. With these items, you’ll be able to navigate the woods safely and help yourself if you get lost or injured.