What it means to be rich with cash has an entirely different meaning now than it did some years ago. Some 62 million Indians can now shop, eat and even travel without carrying bundles of cash on them, thanks to the advent of credit cards.
Providing a secure way to pay for goods and services, credit cards have changed the way we perceive the process of monetary transactions.
Since it is easy to apply for credit cards online, thousands of people can reap the benefits of owning the key to global cashless payment gateways. Therefore, more Indians have access to cards now than they did a few years ago.
Furthermore, there are cards that are tailor-made for different users. For instance, if you happen to be a vehicle owner, you may want to opt for a credit card that helps you save on fuel prices when making payments.
Given their convenience of use and global acceptability as top cashless payment options, owning a credit card has become mandatory in the current times. Thus, it is not surprising that everyone wants a credit card, but you should also know how to get your hands on one.
Considerations Before Getting a Credit Card
Before you approach any bank or credit card issuer for a credit card, you should know that the easiest and most convenient way to apply for one is online. Moreover, your bank may ideally offer you a credit card if you already have a savings bank account. In such cases, you may get offered a card or you can apply for one easily from the same bank.
You can call the credit card customer care number of the bank and enquire about the steps to avail of a credit card. In such a scenario, you may not have to fulfill eligibility criteria as the bank already has information about your creditworthiness.
However, if you are applying for a new credit card from a credit card issuer with whom you have had no past financial relationship, you may have to fulfill certain criteria to ensure eligibility. More or less, the eligibility criteria, documentation, and steps to get a credit card are the same for most cards.
Simple Steps in the Credit Card Application Process
The best way to apply for a credit card is online. For example, a great overall card for regular use is the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, which is a co-brand card from Bajaj Finserv and RBL Bank. You can apply for this card at the Bajaj Finserv portal. Here are five simple steps to apply for the credit card that holistically fulfills your needs:
- Assess Needs – The first thing to do is to know what you want to use your credit card for. This helps you while you look for a credit card and streamlines the process.
- Compare Cards – Once you know what purpose your credit card will serve, you can compare credit cards online. Either you can visit bank websites and search for and compare cards, or you can call up the credit card customer care number with your credit card query. Every card issuer has a toll-free number to cater to such queries.
- Pick a Credit Card – You can choose a credit card that matches your spending habits and check if there are any offers that come with the card. You should also check the fees and charges associated with the card you select. Also, check your eligibility and the listed documents needed to get the card.
- Apply for Credit Card – You can apply for a credit card online by entering all the relevant details on the online application form. You will also have to upload documents that prove your eligibility criteria, such as proof of age and identity, address proof, and documents to verify your income sources.
- Submit the Application – You have to submit your application and supporting documents and once your application is approved, your credit card is also delivered to you within a few days.
Opting for the Best
The Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard is a great credit card you can apply for. With minimal documentation, you can avail of a card with multiple uses. You get to use this card to purchase goods on EMIs as well as relish its benefits as a cash withdrawal card.