Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) can be a big program when it occurs when we are working on something important. However, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is useful for your computer. BSOD is a stop code that is generated when the computer runs into the problem. If a virus or the corrupted software problem occurs, then the BSOD will occur preventing permanent damage to the computer. By resolving the BSOD we can make our computer the same as before.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will result in reduced life span of the computer if the problem is not resolved. As the name suggests when the BSOD occurs on your computer screen it will turn blue with some code and messages written on it.
Blue Screen of Death can occur due to software problems or can be the hardware problem. If BSOD occurs due to the software problem then it can be solved easily, however, if the problem is caused by hard disk, RAM, CPU, Motherboard or some other hardware then you may have to replace that particular hardware or require some tinkering.
In this post we will talk about some of the top BSOD errors that can occur on your computer and can render it useless.
1. (Error Code 0x00000004) INVALID DATA ACCESS TRAP
This BSOD error can occur on the most recent PC and on old PCs i.e., on one Windows XP to Window 10.
This BSOD error can occur when you install a new driver or upgrade an old driver. Error code 0x00000004 is called INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP and will occur during the software installation. Reason behind this error can be a conflict between different things.
INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP can occur due to different reasons. Some reasons for this error are registry corruption, incompatible driver installation, damaged hard drive, damaged RAM, or some other hardware issues.
BSOD INVALID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP error code 0x00000004 can be resolved by following the steps below:
- If you are facing this problem on your computer then you can use the Registry Cleaner/Optimizer program i.e., RegClean Pro to solve registry issues. This should resolve the issue if it is faced by a corrupt Registry.
- You can use a good anti-virus software like Systweak Antivirus to scan your system for any infection.
- Update the drivers using a driver updater utility like Advanced Driver Updater.
- If you have installed a new software then you should uninstall it and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Run the check disk scan ‘chkdsk /f’.
- Remove the RAM and then clean it and then reinsert it.
2. (Error Code 0x00000024) NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD will make your computer crash just after getting a STOP code. Sometimes the computer crashes so fast that you may not be able to write down the error code.
Main reason for this error can be corruption of the disk file system. And it can also be due to bad sectors on the hard drive. This error generally occurs on the NTFS file system. Reason causing this problem can destroy your computer so BSOD occurrence will save your computer.
This problem will only occur with NTFS.SYS file. It is a file that will help your computer to perform read and write in the NTFS file system. Sometimes you will get this read error in the FAT32 or FAT16 systems.
- Use antivirus software to scan your computer and clean the computer from the infections.
- Use the check disk scan to scan your hard drive for errors and corruption.
- Keep the device drivers updated. Make sure that your computer has updated drivers and the drivers that are installed are of correct version.
- Make sure that your hard disk is defragmented and free from any errors.
3. (Error Code 0x00000080) NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
Error Code 0x00000080 mainly occurs when there is load on the computer. This error code usually occurs when we are playing games and the system crashes in between the game. This error occurs when there is a hardware failure.
There are many MVP experts that will help you to under
You could send the dump files to an MVP expert or could also post in Microsoft forums.
The main two reasons for this type of error are –
- Incompatible driver error
- Memory error
- Hard driver malfunction
If you are facing this error then the first thing you want to do is to check if the drivers on your system are fully updated and installed with a compatible version. You can use a third-party program to scan for the drivers.
4. (Error Code 0x000000D1) Driver_IRQL_NOT_LES_OR_EQUAL
As you can see there is another digit in this error. This error will tell you more about this error.
1 – The hexadecimal value in the error code talk about the virtual address that caused the error.
2 – The worth of the physical address that causes the error.
3 – The PSR values that will tell about the status of the CPU
4 – Last the error inside registry
In most of the cases, this error can occur due to following reasons:
- corrupted hardware
- Compatibility problem of hardware devices and OS.
- faulty configuration
The main causes can be –
- Faulty RAM
- Cache memory errors i.e., L2, L3, etc.
- Storage drive problem.
- If you have newly installed hardware then we suggest you remove it and then try to use the computer again.
- If you have installed a new RAM then you can try to reinstall it firmly.
- Also, you can try to update the drivers.
- Run a scan to check for hard driver errors.
There are different BSOD errors that can occur on your computer. Different Blue Screen of Death errors occur due to different reasons like faulty hardware, or faulty software. These errors can be solved easily.