Here is How You can Choose and Buy the Best Vacuum Cleaner for Yourself
If you’ve never bought a vacuum cleaner in your life, you might have a hard time buying one now. So many technicalities might make you scratch your head in confusion. Because a vacuum cleaner is a cleaning machine, you’ll see lots of technical specifications written on the sellers’ websites. In this article, we are going to discuss certain things about vacuum cleaners. Furthermore, we’ll also look at how to buy a vacuum cleaner smartly.
Knowing the right size
Vacuum cleaners come in numerous shapes and sizes to support different needs. For example, if you are buying a vacuum cleaner for your car, you don’t need to buy one the size of an elephant. A small handheld cleaner can work best for you. Here are the different types of vacuum cleaners that are available in the market:
- Upright vacuum cleaner: It is one of the earliest cleaners and is best used to clean carpets and floor areas.
- Stick vacuum cleaner: Slight, lightweight, and easy to use. Because of being lightweight, it is not ideal for heavy cleaning.
- Canister vacuum cleaner: It uses a long suction tube that is attached to a cylinder-like structure. This type can do the heavy-job done.
- Handheld vacuum cleaners: These are small portable cleaners that you can use for car cleaning
- Robotic vacuum cleaners: Latest in the market; these are small devices that you have to turn on and leave on the floor. You need not move with these cleaners as they are smart and can clean your floor well without any help.
Once you know the space you have and the size you require, it comes down to other things.
Knowing the right power and capacity
Vacuum cleaners come in different power and holding capacities. When it comes to the power, a cleaner with deep cleaning ability will use motors ranging from 1300 to 2500 watts. Those used for home purposes range below and around 1400 watts. You may buy these at cheaper prices on sites like eBay.
Apart from it, there is the dust and water-containing capacity that you need to take care of. The capacity ranges from 2 liters to 10 liters. This represents how much matter it can hold. The canister cleaners come with a higher capacity.
Knowing the noise levels
The noise or sound levels are usually measured in decibels. Sounds start from 0 db and can go to any highest peak. Humans can withstand a sound below 70 dB. This level won’t harm our ears. Anything over this range will start hurting our ears. For your information, a plane takeoff creates 130 dB sound, a rocket launch makes 150 dB, and a sperm whale can make up to 180 dB.
Vacuum cleaners with higher powers are noisy. However, there is technology that can reduce such sound. When buying vacuum cleaners, make sure the dB levels are in the lower range. Usually, vacuum cleaners come between a range of 75 to 85 dBs. Continuous exposure to such levels can damage your ears. Make sure you find a cleaner that has noise level falling below 70 dB.
Knowing the right attachments
Attachments are accessories that can be added and removed from the cleaners to support different requirements. Here are the possible attachments and their uses:
- Crevice tool: This is used for corners and tighter spots.
- Upholstery tool: It is like a thick wiper that cleans upholstery and other fabric.
- Dust brush: Used in taking off the dust from the floor or blinds.
- Bare floor brush: Used to clean bare floors.
- Cleaner carpet tool: Made specifically for carpets, this sucks off the water and dust easily
- Extension pipes: These are tubes that can be added or removed to reach higher areas.
You can easily buy these parts from websites dealing in home and garden tools. These are all the things that you should know before buying your vacuum cleaner. Make a list of your requirements and choose the right product for yourself.