Technology has made the lives of humans comfortable and easy-going. There was a time when people kept track of their memories and events in albums. But, things are completely altered in 2oth century. Now, there are many cloud-storage devices to save all your important data in one place for years. One such application is Google Drive. It let users store all the documents, pictures, videos, archives, and other files. However, it has limitations on storage space and provides 15 GB of storage with each account.
Users can buy more spaces with the premium plan. Even, you can also discard bulk duplicate photos from the drive and enjoy space. This guide will take you through some of the best tips to delete duplicate images in bulk from Google Drive. So, keep reading!
In general, when you upload an already existing file to Google Drive, it creates a warning message. But many times, users rename the file, and it still exists in Google Drive as a duplicate. It is one of the most common scenarios in the organization when the team leader does not know that their team members have uploaded duplicate content.
The Need To Delete Duplicate Images in Google Drive
As we all know, Google offers 15 GB of free storage space for account holders. It is large enough, but you may run out of shortage anytime in the future. There are many ways to get massive storage for the Google account, such as upgrading the account, paying for good storage, and more.
However, most of the time users prefer to free up Google Drive like delete duplicate images rather than upgrading the account. One of the significant disadvantages of duplicate files in Google Drive is that it takes a lot of space. So, deleting bulk duplicate images from Google Drive is better. It will also help you in organizing your library correctly in less time. Also, by cleaning up duplicates, you can save time and bandwidth when synchronizing files with Google Drive desktop app.
Now, let’s find out the manual and automatic ways to delete bulk duplicate photos from Google Drive successfully. So, here we dig in.
Top 4 Ways You Can Delete Duplicate Photos In Bulk From Google Drive
Solution 1: Manual Trick To Remove Multiple Copied Images In Google Drive
The fact is Google Drive doesn’t provide an option to search for duplicate files, so you will have to search for duplicates files and delete them manually. Let’s take a look at the step-by-step process to clear useless files.
- Start your Google Drive and select list view in the right of the window.
- Now, you can see all the files. Hold on to the Control key and select duplicate images. It starts with “copy off or have the same name and number in parentheses.
- Finally, right-click and choose any file. Then, tap on the Delete button and remove all duplicate files in one go.
Solution2: Automatic Method To Remove Duplicate Google Drive Pictures
Unless you have very little data in your Google Drive account, performing this task manually will be tiring and will never be 100% accurate. Therefore, you can rely on third-party tools such as Cloud Duplicate Finder to automatically and quickly detect and delete duplicates.
Note: The utility is a cloud-based solution designed to use on desktop and Android Mobile devices.
- Run the software and create an account.
- Go to Google Drive in the left panel, and select Add New Drive.
- Now, enter the credentials of your Google account to login and continue.
- Choose folders one or more for scanning duplicate files and hit the Scan tab.
- The process of scanning is completed. Get the result in the software window and tap on the Ok button
- Users can also manually tick the unwanted files. Then, select the repeat selection drop-down list at the end to select the desired option.
- Finally, to delete duplicate photos in Google Drive, select action and delete images permanently.
Solution3: Best Software To Delete All Duplicate Photos From Google Drive At Once
This reliable and automatic application to find duplicate images and clean them supports Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. This beautiful tool includes an advanced scanning engine that can quickly detect duplicate and similar files. It is a complete, user-friendly application, accessed by both beginners and professionals. Download the duplicate photo repair program to use it. After running the duplicate photos function, click> drag and drop photos/folders or add files or folders> scan for duplicate photos. That’s it!
Now relax and let the duplicate photo repair program do its job.
- Two comparison methods: “exact match” and “uniform match” to scan and delete duplicate images.
- The auto-tagging function helps to delete duplicate photos at once.
- The software comes with a multilingual duplicate image finder.
- Users can run the application on any system, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- The program comes with a unique preview option.
Solution4: Best Software To Erase All Duplicate Pics in Google Drive Permanently
Duplicate Photo Cleaner is an automatic duplicate image cleanser that supports all type of formats like JPG, PNG, PDF, and more. This duplicate image finder also has a powerful function of detecting and editing images. Besides, it only takes a few simple steps to find and delete duplicate photos. The Copy Photo Cleaner is famous for its accurate comparison method, which can detect similar images and similar images.
- The application has flexible parameters and a user-friendly interface.
- Make use of ignoring the list to delete images at once.
- Preview option to see pictures before deleting.
All the above-highlighted features strongly make Duplicate Photo Cleaner one of the best duplicate photo finder and removal tools.
Photos are copies of our fond memories, so we store them safely. But when it comes to finding and deleting duplicate images, we are all crazy. Therefore, it is recommended to use a safe and tested tool to accomplish the task.
Hope it helps
Thanks for reading!