You are trying to free up space on your laptop and suddenly instead of deleting a redundant file you have accidentally deleted a useful file. Now you check for the backup but unfortunately you can’t find that file anywhere in the backup as well. This is a common scenario that can happen with any one of us. However, the good news is that there are few tested ways to recover a deleted file.
How to Recover Deleted files from Laptop
And in this article we are going to discuss those ways to recover deleted files from a laptop. So without further delay let’s start.
Recover Deleted Photos From Recycle Bin of your Laptop
The very first place to look for the deleted files is your Recycle Bin. So as soon as you discover that you have deleted any of your files accidentally, first of all check the Recycle Bin folder. Please note that whenever a file is deleted by pressing the Delete button or using the Delete option then first it is sent to the Recycle Bin. So if you haven’t emptied the Recycle Bin folder then there are good chances that you can recover the deleted files from Laptop by checking and restoring them from Recycle Bin.
So here are the steps to restore the files from Recycle Bin:
- Double click on the Recycle Bin icon usually located on the desktop of your Laptop. This will open the Recycle Bin folder.
- Now here you will find all your deleted files from the past 30 days. Next, select all the files that you have accidentally deleted and right click on the selection. From the drop-down menu select the option, Restore.
- This will put all the deleted files from Recycle Bin to their original location.
To restore the deleted files to any other location select the option, Cut instead of Restore and then paste them to your desired location.
Now although it is one of the most simplest methods to recover deleted files from a laptop, however if the files are permanently deleted(using Shift+Delete button) or you have cleared the Recycle Bin then you have to look for another way to restore. Let’s discuss that in the next section.
Recover Deleted files from Laptop Using a Recovery Software
If you didn’t find your deleted files in the Recycle Bin then it is quite clear that they have been deleted permanently from your laptop. However, the good news is that the technology has advanced so much that you can recover the permanently deleted files as well using a file recovery software until they have not been overwritten with any other data.
Now, coming on to the other question, which file recovery software to try, especially when the internet is full of such software.
We have eased this bit for you by trying various data recovery software at our end under various circumstances and parameters. So after a thorough analysis we found that Systweak’s Advanced Disk Recovery is one of the best tools that live up to its promises of recovering the deleted data even from the deepest sector of your computer. Let’s check out on how to use this amazing tool.
- To get started first of all you have to download Advanced Disk Recovery on your laptop.
- Once downloaded, follow the onscreen instructions to install the software. And once you have installed the product, you can see its icon on the desktop of your computer.
- Double click on the program icon located on the desktop to launch the application.
- Now add the location i.e. the drive from which the files have been deleted. Please note that you can even add removable drives like external drives or USB flash storage to recover the deleted file.
- Once you have added the drive, click on the Start Scan Now button. Now on the next screen select the Scan Type, Quick Scan or Deep Scan. Once selected click on the Scan now button to start scanning.
For better results choose the Deep Scan mode as it will look in more deeply for the lost files.
- Now, let the product scan the drive for the deleted files. And once the scan completes, Advanced Disk Recovery will all show all your deleted files. You can then go through the complete list of files and select the ones that you want to retrieve. Once selected click on the Recover button and select the location where you want to recover the deleted files. All your deleted files will be recovered to that selected location.
Note: It is highly recommended that you choose a different location to retrieve the files i.e different from the one on which the files were stored primarily.
So folks this is how easily you can recover deleted files using Advanced Disk Recovery.
Recover Files from Windows Backup
Windows operating also comes with an inbuilt Backup and Restore feature which will help you to recover deleted files from windows PC. So whether you are still using Windows 7 or Windows 8 or you are using Windows 10, Back and Restore feature is available for all. To use Windows Backup and Restore feature follow the steps below:
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows machine and click on the Backup and Restore option.
- Now on the Backup and Restore window that opens up, click on the Restore my files button and then follow the onscreen instructions to recover your deleted files. If you are unable to find the Restore my files option, then click on the “Select another backup to restore files from” option.
- Click on the available backup shown in the next screen. Select the backup > click on the Next button > follow the instructions to restore the backup.
So readers here we come to the end of our article. We hope that the article has helped you to easily recover the deleted files from the laptop.