We all know that Outlook Express and Outlook are owned by the same parent business, however due to unforeseen circumstances, Outlook Express was phased out in favor of newer brands. Individuals and businesses used both of these applications. There are still a number of reasons why people want to import Outlook Express to Outlook so we always give best recommendation to convert DBX to PST . We can even say that Outlook Express provides users with less features, but Outlook is today’s email client with a wide range of features for managing emails, calendars, contact books, to-do lists, journals, and other items. While upgrading Windows, many users will need to export Outlook Express to Outlook PST.
Users must Transfer DBX to PST for a Variety of Reasons
As PST is MS Outlook’s proprietary file format.
- Why should I switch from Outlook Express to Outlook? In the following section, we’ll look at why it’s so important to import Outlook express to Outlook. So get ready and pay attention to the following stanza.
- Outlook Express is only compatible with Windows XP, and Windows XP is vulnerable to viruses. If consumers need to update Windows in this situation, they will have several issues utilizing Outlook Express. And, as an example, Outlook is fully compatible with all current generations of Windows, including 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and earlier editions.
- Outlook Express is a very slow application that causes users problems due to its slowness. MS Outlook, on the other hand, excels in terms of speed and productivity. Users prefer Outlook to Outlook Express as a result.
One of the main reasons for switching DBX to PST is that Outlook Express just gives messages and contacts, but Outlook includes mails, journals, to-do lists, contacts, notes, and many other features.
How to Import Outlook express to Outlook? Manually
There are only four steps to the procedure. To begin the process, carefully follow the steps.
Outlook Express DBX files can be imported.
Note: To begin, copy the DBX folders from Windows XP and follow the steps below:
1. Select Tools>> Options if you need to locate the messages you’ve saved.
2. Select Maintenance>> Store Folder Button from the Options Dialog Box.
3. A path is provided in the Store location field in your personal mail store is situated in the following folder.
4. Copy the path from the dialogue box, click OK, and then close the Store Location Dialog Box.
5. Turn off Outlook Express.
6. Paste the location path into the address bar of Windows Explorer and press Enter. It navigates to the real location where the DBX files are kept.
7. Make a copy of the Outlook Express folder that contains folders.
With Windows 7 enabled, there are dbx files on the machine.
8. If the Outlook Express DBX files have been copied to a USB drive, there is no need to move them to a Windows 7 machine or any other edition of WLM that can read DBX files from a USB drive. Note that the WAB extension is used by Outlook Express Address Book, and its storage location is:
UsernameApplication DataMicrosoftAddress Book
C: Documents and SettingsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftAddress Book
After that, rename the Outlook Express Address Book file to xyz.wab and copy the files saved in Windows 7 or any other operating system to it.
Install and Download the WLM App Download and install the WLM application setup on your Windows operating system before moving on to the next step. You may easily download and install the upgraded edition of software in your system when it has been downloaded and installed.
Emails from Outlook Express to WLM First, move the mails to WLM before migrating them from DBX to PST. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. After downloading the application, open WLM on the Windows 7 operating system and install it.
2. Select Import Messages from the File Menu.
3. Choose Import Outlook Express 6 from the drop-down menu.
4. Navigate to the Outlook Express folder that was copied over from the previous machine.
In WLM, select the folders to be exported, then go to the Import Tab and Exit the Import Wizard. Finally, import the MS Outlook Express Address Books WAB file into WLM.
• In WLM, open the contacts.
• Select Import Windows Live Mail Application from the file menu.
• Select the WAB file by opening the WAB file location and selecting it.
• Finish the operation by closing the Import wizard.
Finally, using the Import Wizard, all of Outlook Express’s emails and address book are imported into WLM. After you’ve entered all of your data into WLM, you’ll need to export it to MS Outlook.
DBX Data should be Moved to Outlook 2016.
Now, in this section, we’ll go over how to import Outlook express to Outlook.
• To begin, open the WLM application.
• Select Export Tab, then Message Tab from the File Menu.
• Select Microsoft Exchange Tab Select Folders to be exported and leave Export Wizard from the dialogue box that appears. After that, open the WLM address books section and export it to vCard/CSV format, then drag and drop it into MS Outlook’s Contacts Folder.
You must now perform the following actions in order to search the PST files:
1. Go to the File Menu>> Choose a feature for data file management.
2. In Windows Explorer, go to the data files tab and select the open folder alternative to identify the location of the Outlook PST file.
3. Close Outlook and copy the PST files to the new computer.