So here is where the problem begins when users need to copy some text or images from the PDF files but are unable to copy anything due to a few security reasons. The major issue is: how can we remove copy protection from PDF files? This blog post will illustrate a better solution to this issue.
PDF protection can be accomplished in two ways: adding passwords and implementing limits. Password protection is necessary for PDF files to block unauthorized access. On the other hand, PDF files restrict users from editing, copying, and printing.
Sometimes we want to copy some data from an ebook, journal, or manual for future assistance or knowledge, but when we try to copy or edit, the restriction message appears and denies the action. Some security reasons restrict the data’s ability to be edited or copied in any manner. When an authorized individual is granted access to the file, they can copy or edit the file. To enable the access that is denied, users need to unlock the PDF files for copy or editing.
Let’s Learn About the Ways to Remove Copy Protection From PDF Files.
The most popular web browser (Google Chrome) provides the relevance to permanently remove the password and the restriction from PDF files. To remove copy protection from a PDF file using Google Chrome, just follow these steps:
- Use Google Chrome to open the PDF file and enter the password.
- Go to the top right side of the page and click on the Print option.
- Now, under the destination, choose the “Change button” option and choose the “Save as PDF” option.
- Click the Save button and give the file a name and choose the location of the new PDF file.
- In Adobe Acrobat Reader, check the access to the new PDF file.
To check the PDF permission, go to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC >> Properties >> Security >> Show Details).
Note: the manual method always has some drawbacks.
Limitation of the Manual Method
- Although Google Chrome provides users the ability to unlock encrypted PDFs for copy and paste free of charge, this method has some restrictions as follows:
- We only remove the restriction of one PDF file at a time.
- This method only works when the print option is enabled and in use.
- So, if the users’ PDF documents do not contain a print option and have restrictions on copying, the manual method by Google chrome has failed to help users.
Using the PDF Unlocker Tool has No Drawbacks.
Google Chrome can help users unlock, but we all know the restrictions now. If the PDF documents have been denied permission to print, then the manual method is useless.
So let’s talk about the alternative solution to remove the copy restriction from the PDF files. This era requires a solution that works, even if the PDF file is restricted for any security reason. Freeware softvare provides you with limitless ways to remove the copy restriction of PDF documents. PDF Unlocker provides a demo version to see how the software works. Users can easily remove any type of restriction like a copy, comment, edit, or print security from PDF documents.
The professional utility has no size limitation. This software is simple and works at the user’s ease. The PDF Unlocker enables the capability to remove restrictions from 128/256-bit encryption of PDF documents. And the software compatibility is for all versions of the Windows operating system.
Follow the steps to remove the restrictions on the PDF documents.
- Launch the PDF unlocker software and start it.
- Add your file by dragging and dropping it or using the add files/folder option.
- Choose the location where you want to save the PDF.
- To start the process, click the Unlock PDF button on the right side.
- Now, it’s easy to copy and paste the file you made.
In conclusion, using the guides of this blog post, we explained a proper solution for the manual method and the PDF protection remover software as a professional method to remove copy protection. So the manual method comes with limitations, users can go with the Google chrome method only if the PDF has the print option enabled. On the other hand, the expert’s solution has no limitations and drawbacks, so recommend using the PDF unlocker tool for a better experience.