Are you also one of those who got stuck with QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 while accessing the company file? If the answer to this question is yes then you don’t have to think anymore. This error may also get triggered due to the data corruption present in the company file. Also, when the error pops up, it throws the following error message on your computer screen that signifies:
“QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user”.
However, if you are looking more about the factors that are responsible for the QuickBooks error 6073, then you must go through this blog. You will also get to know about the solutions to fix this issue instantly.
Are you stressed by fixing the QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 on your own and need expert’s guidance? You don’t have to worry anymore as you can call our experts at the hepine number +1(855)-738-0359 and get all answers to your queries.
Reasons that Brings Forth QuickBooks enterprise error code 6073
QuickBooks enterprise error code 6073 can be caused by a number of factors. We have listed some of them below to keep you up to date with all such factors, go through them:
- It might be possible that you are having trouble accessing the file stored on a read-only network folder.
- If more than one user is trying to access the company file in single-user mode.
- When the user is trying to access the data file via a remote software program such as LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, or similar.
- Sometimes, it may occur when multiple user credentials are used while login to the shared folder.
Know More: QuickBooks Cannot use the Path to Open the Company File
Effective Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks desktop warning error code 6073
Are you getting trouble accessing the company file due to QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001? If yes, then don’t worry and perform the simple solutions listed below to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Fixing the Error -6073, -99001 Manually
Below we have listed some of the simple steps using which you can fix the error manually in different situations.
Case 1:- In case, the company file is accessed by another computer in Single user mode
- The first thing you have to do is to access the company file on the host PC.
- Move to the QuickBooks File menu and opt for the Switch to Multi-user mode option.
- Finally, if you are still getting the same issue then restart all your workstations.
Case 2:- In case, you find that the company file is accessed in Single User mode on the Host computer.
- Tap on the Close Company option from the QuickBooks file menu.
- Now, open the company file again and tap on File menu > Open or Restore Company.
- Finally, go to the Open a company file and then choose your data file. After this, opt for the Open file option in multi-user mode followed by Open.
Case 3:- In case, the file you are trying to open is located in read only network folder
- In the initial stage, move to the computer hosting your company file.
- Locate the folder containing your data file, right-click on it and select Properties option.
- Following this, tap on the Security tab and then opt for the users having issues while logging in and click Edit.
- Mark the checkbox of Allow for Full Control and then click Apply > Ok option.
Read More: QuickBooks OL 301 Bank Of America Error
Solution 2:- Make Use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool To Resolve Company File Issues
- Before beginning the procedure, check that you have installed the upgraded version of QB Tool Hub. if not, then first get it into your Windows PC.
- After this, choose the QB Tool Hub option and then opt for the Company File Issues tab.
- Following this, tap on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor and let the tool run.
- Search for your QuickBooks company file from the list of available options.
- In the next step, select the Check your file option followed by the Continue option.
- In the end, insert the QB admin password correctly into the required fields and select Next.
So, this is all about the QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 and we hope that you find this blog helpful. If you are still getting the error, then check for your internet connection. For any additional help regarding the issue get in touch with our experts by dialing the toll-free number +1(855)-738-0359.