Cracked teeth come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Chipped teeth, in fact, account for the majority of all dental injuries, according to the American Association of Endodontists (AAE). Teeth can chip for a variety of reasons, including being subjected to a rapid stress or impact; losing structure at the location of an untreated cavity or an old, weakened filling; or biting down on a hard object, such as sweets, ice, or hard food.
We endeavor to give you with a healthy and aesthetically attractive smile through a number of cosmetic dental clinic procedures, including repairs to a chipped tooth – or teeth – at an Abbotsford dental facility. Treatment is determined on the tooth’s location, as well as the nature and severity of the injury. Dental bonding and filings are typical restoration treatments for damaged teeth.
TREATMENT IN COSMETIC DENTAL CLINIC ABBOTSFORD
- Small chips on the margins of teeth can be easily repaired by polishing them using dental tools to smooth out rough edges. These chips are most common around the front teeth’s biting surfaces.
- Dental bonding can commonly be used to repair minor to major chips. Your dentist will use specific high-tech materials to apply to the tooth surface to rebuild missing tooth structure.The bonding substance, which is a combination of plastic resin and glass fillings, is robust, attaches firmly to the teeth, appears incredibly lifelike, and can typically be completed in only one dental appointment, making it a cost-effective procedure.
- A more permanent option is porcelain veneers, which cover the whole front surface of the teeth with a hard, wafer-thin coating.
- A dental crown (cap) restores the entire function and cosmetic look of the tooth. If feasible, a dental crown should be preserved and rebounded.
TEETH WHITNENING ABBOTSFORD
When it comes to tooth whitening, you have two options: in-office whitening or at-home whitening. Peroxide-based bleaching chemicals are used in both teeth whitening treatments. Peroxide levels in at-home systems range from 3% to 20%. (Carbamide or hydrogen peroxides). Peroxide concentrations in office systems range from 15% to 43%. The longer you leave a stronger solution on your teeth, the whiter they will become. The longer the whitening solution is administered to the teeth, the larger the amount of peroxide in it. Longer application of the gel will dry the tooth and enhance sensitivity.
Tooth whitening in the office in Abbotsford
Teeth whitening performed by your dentist can brighten your teeth more quickly. Unlike at-home kits, the bleaching solution is generally significantly stronger. To expedite and enhance the whitening process, heat, light, or a combination of the two can be utilized.
Options for Teeth Bleaching at Home
There are a variety of options for whitening teeth at home, the most popular of which are:
- Tooth whitening strips and gels.
- Tray-based tooth bleaching systems.
- Tooth whitening toothpastes.
Why Should You Consult Your Dentist About Teeth Whitening?
Tooth bleaching might temporarily make teeth sensitive, or cause discomfort in those who already have sensitive teeth. When used incorrectly, home kits can cause gums to be burnt and even bleached briefly.