Although the healthcare sector is one of the major industries in India, a significant disparity can be noted in the quality of healthcare available in rural and urban areas. As per a recent report, it was seen that around 80% of doctors and approximately 60% of hospitals and diagnostic centers are concentrated in the urban areas. Additionally, only 37% of individuals living in rural India have access to a healthcare facility within 5 km.
However, to bridge this gap, India is adopting digital health through various technologies that allow patients in rural areas to connect with doctors and avail medical care with ease.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine refers to the use of information and communication technology to carry out diagnosis and provide medical treatment to patients from a distance.
Medical consultation takes place through various digital health technology means like video calls, email, mobile software, a messaging application, as well as standard calls and SMSs.
Additionally, it can be classified into the following types –
- Synchronous medical care
- Asynchronous medical care
- Remote monitoring medical care
The sector, which is projected to grow at a CAGR of 20%, has been crucial in boosting India’s digital health services in several ways. Some of the ways in which it has managed to do so are as follows –
Some of the factors that can hinder patients from availing care easily are distance and traveling time. In this situation, remote healthcare can come in handy as it can deliver medical services by limiting locational barriers.
It can thus come in handy in providing health care to remote and rural areas as well as to patients with limited mobility.
Telemedicine is also more cost-effective compared to the traditional health care system as it helps in reducing the cost of traveling to a physical health care facility. Furthermore, the implementation of electronic health records and remote analysis of patient data also helps in significantly reducing the costs involved. Remote monitoring also allows physicians to treat an illness before it becomes critical, which reduces re-admissions and E.R visits.
- Round the clock monitoring
Such medical care facilitates doctors in providing quality health care services to patients through round the clock monitoring remotely with the help of digital health technology. Devices such as portable ECG machine, Glucose meter, etc. enable health care providers to keep track of a patient’s health continuously. Therefore, they can change the course of treatment whenever necessary.
- Quality care
The implementation of digital health technology and software facilitates the rapid diagnosis of various medical conditions. Accordingly, physicians can quickly recommend a course of treatment for a particular patient. By following the treatment plan, individuals can improve their quality of life.
With it, one can avail healthcare services from home, thus experience convenience in receiving medical aid. This facility cuts down the hassles of traveling to the hospital or clinic, waiting for long hours to see the doctor, missing appointments, etc. With the ways mentioned above, the remote medical care facility has changed the course of how healthcare services are provided and availed by individuals, thereby managing to boost digital health in India.
Nevertheless, the cost of availing such treatments can be high. Also, as only specialized hospitals and clinics offer these healthcare facilities, it can be quite expensive. Thus, the availability of financing tools like the Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card can enable one to avail telemedicine facilities easily.
Medical care financing made easy with a health card
Individuals can avail several benefits with a health card like –
- Instant approval – Only existing customers can apply for this health card online and receive quick approval for a pre-approved limit of up to Rs.4 lakh. Furthermore, the absence of document requirements makes this financing facility readily available.
- Affordable fee – Applicants are only required to pay a nominal amount of Rs.707 to avail a health card instantly. Avail the card conveniently to pay for over 800 medical treatments and procedures with ease.
- Customised tenure – One can repay the utilised amount of their health card by converting it into affordable EMIs. They can also choose a repayment term between 3 – 24 months according to their convenience for such repayment.
- Network across India – The health card comes with wide network coverage and can be used at more than 5,500 partner facilities across 1,000 plus cities in the country.
- Financing for all – The card allows you to pay for the medical expenses of the entire family, including spouse, children, parents, and siblings.
- Online application – Existing customers can follow the steps below to apply online for a health card –
Step 1: Click on ‘Get it now’ after visiting the card’s page on the financial institution’s official website.
Step 2: Provide your registered mobile number and verify through OTP authentication.
Step 3: Check your pre-approved limit on the card.
Step 4: Pay the relevant joining fee.
Once complete, you can start utilising the health card to pay for medical expenses at any one of the partner facilities.
One can also avail the health card from partner medical centres, clinics or hospitals of not an existing customer of Bajaj Finserv. Make sure to fulfil eligibility before applying for the card to receive quick approval and finance your medical expenses with ease.