Technically, wearing a hoodie is only as complicated as, well…wearing a hoodie. You either pull it on or zip it up and—bang—you’ve done it. But you know nothing’s really as simple as all that when it comes to style, or you wouldn’t be here exploring the intricacies of how, exactly, one should incorporate a hooded sweatshirt into a ‘fit in the fall of 2019.
Well, we’re here to help. Because while, yes, you could just throw a hoodie on with a pair of jeans and be done with it, you’re looking for something different. Maybe that combo makes you feel like you’re in a rut. Maybe you just really love hoodies, so you yearn for variety.
What Is a Hoodie?
A hoodie is a hooded sweatshirt, typically featuring drawstrings at the neck for adjusting the hood’s fit. This multipurpose garment comes in three common styles: a full zip-up, a half zip-up, or a pullover. Cotton, polyester, or a blend of both are the most common fabrics that fashion brands use to make hoodies.
5 Tips for Styling a Hoodie
Follow these style tips when brainstorming fashionable hoodie outfit ideas.
- Be intentional about color. Use the color of your hoodie to accentuate your outfit. Pairing a neutral black, brown, white, or red supreme hoodie with the right accessories (like luxury jewelry) can establish a sophisticated, high-end look. If you’re going for a more playful vibe, opt for vibrant colors that pop and make a statement. Check out this breakdown on how to accessorize different looks.
- Layer underneath a jacket. An oversized pullover supreme hoodie makes a stellar layering piece under many jacket styles for a cold day. Cover your hoodie with a bomber jacket, and finish the outfit with a pair of straight-leg jeans and white sneakers for a streetwear-inspired casual look. Pair the same outfit with a trench coat (for classic flair), a blazer (for office dress codes), a pea coat, or a denim jacket to switch it up. Style an oversized hoodie as a dress underneath a black leather jacket and combat boots for some edge.
- Accessorize the look. Accessorize a supreme hoodie of any color with trendy sunglasses, a pair of hoop earrings, and an oversized wristwatch to add flair and personality to your outfit. Mix and match jewelry, hats, glasses, and scarves to find a look that complements your hoodie.
- Embrace athleisure for comfort and style. The athleisure trend—which brings fashionable athletic clothing out of the gym—prioritizes comfort without sacrificing style, and fashion supreme hoodie are ideal for this look. Style a slim zip-up hoodie over a crew-neck T-shirt as the foundation of your outfit. (Choose a black hoodie for a sleek look.) Pair also these tops with fitted joggers, leggings, or an athletic skort or tennis skirt.
- Zip-up hoodies look best unzipped. An open zip-up hoodie over a plain T-shirt is a classic combo that’s remained stylish throughout decades of fashion cycles. If you’re also not planning to leave your hoodie unzipped, opt for a pullover hoodie. A pullover gives you a sleeker look than a zipped hoodie by eliminating the line of zipper teeth down the middle of the look.
See more article about fashion erinmagazine!