Poker is a universe full of exciting card games that can truly challenge and unravel some core mental skills of a player due to its extensive range of game strategies, survival skills and critical decision making process. One such challenging variant of online poker is Pot Limit Omaha, a fast paced action oriented game featuring vast ranges that keeps you on your toes and demands some critical thinking skills.
Online Omaha poker is also a highly rewarding variant but unlike its counterpart, Texas Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha (PLO) has certain differences in terms of betting and basic rules.
PLO is a nice transition game for Hold’em players who want a change in the pace of the game. So, without delaying any moment, let’s discuss the ABCs of Omaha poker right away.
Rules of Omaha Poker Compared to Texas Hold’em
Omaha poker rules are almost similar to Texas Hold’em rules with a couple but huge noteworthy differences. For starters, assuming you know the Texas Hold’em rules, PLO amps up the action by adding two more hole cards to the game and setting a maximum betting limit of the pot, hence the name, Pot Limit Omaha Poker.
How do these changes affect the game and how to adjust your game to these changes? Let’s find out.
- In PLO, four hole cards are dealt to all players but only two can be used to form your combinations. This means you have to choose your starting hands very carefully as medium flushes or straight draws will be more common in PLO due to the presence of 2 more hole cards. In short, you will need to form a much stronger hand at showdown.
- Texas Hold’em is a no limit game, which means you can go all in with your bets and raises at any point of time. However, in PLO, the maximum you can bet in a hand is the current size of the pot. Betting in online games like Omaha poker is much easier than in a live game as the software automatically calculates the bet for you at the click of a button.
- The betting rounds remain the same like Hold’em. PLO two features Pre-flop betting and Post Flop betting in all streets wherein the community cards are revealed and players choose their two hole cards to make the strongest combination.
- The position of players also remain the same depending on the number of players on a single table. In all poker variants, action starts clockwise with the Dealer, Small Blind, Big Blind, Under the Gun (UTG), Middle position (the next 2-3 seats) and finally the, Late Position (button position and its immediate right seat). In PLO, playing in position is super important to get favourable results whether you want to extract maximum value or make a fine bluff.
- Players have to be extra careful about their bankroll when playing Omaha poker games online. Pot Limit Omaha is a fast paced action oriented game that often witnesses incredible bet raises due to higher occurrence of stronger hands. This also means, there shall be times when you will face some crazy swings that can put a thick dent on your bankroll. So, managing your bankroll is crucial if you don’t want it to affect your best game.
It’s time to play now. Let’s find you a portal where you can play some of the best online Pot Limit Omaha poker games every day and enjoy some special promotions.
PokerBaazi: Play PLO Cash Games to Win from 33.5 LAC Every 10 Days
PokerBaazi, an online poker portal in India has introduced some exclusive promotions running throughout the month on the PLO tables. This September, Omaha cash games on PokerBaazi shall feature dynamic leaderboards carrying different cash prizes and your rewards shall be determined by the number of Baazi Reward Points that players can collect on the cash tables for free.
Highlights of the September Cash Dash
- Three 10 Day Leaderboards- 1st-10th Sept, 11th-20th Sept, 21st-30th September
- Different paid positions for each position, all Leaderboards reset every 10 days, meaning more chances to win
- Win from Leaderboard prizes worth 33.5LAC every 10 days
- 20 Best days will be counted, so plan your high volume days accordingly
- Prizes will be distributed based on a player’s total collection of Reward Points
- PLO leaderboards will be applicable on both 4 Card PLO and 5 Card PLO cash games
Also Read: What Qualities to Look In a Basketball Coach
Here’s the table stakes for all cash games.
- Micro: 1/2 & 2/5 blinds
- Low: 5/10 & 10/25 blinds
- Mid: 25/50 & 50/200 blinds
- High: 100/200 & 250/500 blinds
For more details, check out the official PokerBaazi website. Such opportunities do not knock twice. So, if you are excited to play Omaha poker games and win exclusive rewards for your efforts, hit the tables without blinking twice!