Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop is a very convenient process. It is important to be done as along with your software upgrade you have to upgrade or update your Payroll too according to the version. Upgrading payroll is simply done when you are upgrading QuickBooks Desktop Pro payroll 2021 to 2022. If you already have the payroll subscription then it automatically got upgraded when you did it for software. If there is any issue after upgrading or updating payroll then you can also do it separately.
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 is a subscription based model. In the previous versions, you have QuickBooks Pro 2021 and QuickBooks Pro Plus 2021; now you have these 2 editions in one as QuickBooks Pro Plus 2022. If you are using it with payroll then you get all the benefits of payroll that are included in Pro plus edition of 2022 version.
Below in this article, you get to know about how you can upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2021 to 2022 with the step-by-step process.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2022
There are few features that you get into your Pro plus payroll. Some new added features and some enhanced payroll features as you have added payroll with your version. These features are as follows:-
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 Enhanced payroll features:-
- Use free printed checks, direct deposit, or it can be both.
- Customer assistance all around the clock.
- Convenient, easier, and faster payroll in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- You got payroll tax calculated automatically.
Newly added features in QuickBooks Desktop 2022:-
- Pay your bills of vendors in QuickBooks
- Attach the documents to the transactions by just taking a snap
- Enhanced 64-bit computing power
- Customized bill payment stubs
- Bill entries got automated.
Things that you have to do before upgrading QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2021 to 2022
Few things that you must take care of before start upgrading your QuickBooks software:-
- Backup your companies’ files and make its copies on different locations.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus or firewall.
- Update your Windows system.
- Check the system requirements.
- Change UAC settings to medium.
- Compatibility check in between the hardware and software.
Read More-: import excel files to QuickBooks Desktop
What are the methods for Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2021 to 2022?
Here are the 2 ways that you can do while upgrading your QuickBooks desktop payroll to the latest release 2022. You can do it within the software or you can uninstall the QB Desktop 2021 and then install the QB Desktop 2022. So the methods are explained here with detailed steps that you have to follow.
Method 1- Update or Upgrade the QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2021 to 2022 from scratch
- First of all, uninstall the QuickBooks desktop Pro Payroll 2021 from your computer
- Then download the QuickBooks Pro Plus Payroll 2022
- Save the file into your system
- Go to the file location
- Double-click on the .exe file to start the installation
- Then follow all the shown steps one by one to complete the installation
- When installation steps are complete
- Hit on the Finish button
- Now, go to the desktop and search for the QuickBooks icon
- Right-click on the icon and select the Run as Administrator option
- Activate the software and for this press the F2 key from the keyboard
- Check the status of software registration in the information window
- If it is inactive then you have to activate it
- Click on the Help menu option
- Choose Activate option
- To activate, you have to enter the license and product key
- After that, verify the registration status
- Now you are done and you can use your software.
Method 2- For directly updating or Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2021 to 2022
- Initially, start QuickBooks Desktop software
- Go to the top menu and click on Help menu option
- From drop-down menu, choose the Update option
- Now it opens up a window where you have to check for software version
- Click on check for updates
- Then it shows you available update
- Download that update of QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2022
- After that, install it and restart the software
- Now, your software is upgraded from 2021 to 2022.
Read More-: cannot send email through QuickBooks
In conclusion, you are able to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop Pro Payroll 2021 to 2022. When you buy the subscription of QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus 2022 with Payroll then you get all its benefits and features. In case you are facing any glitches then connect with the QuickBooks help desk team. They are available all around the clock to fix your problems.