Many people suffer from sleep apnea. It can lead to a variety of health issues including heart attacks and strokes. While sleep apnea does affect millions of people, not all of them get the treatment they need to clear their airway passages.
CPAP machines are designed to help people breathe easier during their sleep. It reduces obstructions in the throat so that they can more easily breathe through it while asleep. These devices are often used by people who are going through respiratory surgery.
They can also be used to treat people with allergies or high blood pressure. If you are wondering what is the use of NCPAP for sleep apnea, then you need to familiarize yourself with the different types available. There are four different machines, you can use depending on your particular condition.
- The nasal pillows or masks use a face mask like those that are seen on movie theater popcorn machines. They are meant to help keep the nasal cavity open while the person sleeps. They are easy to use and often include a humidifier to maintain a proper moisture level.
This machine has a variety of different adjustments which allow the user to adjust how tightly they seal the airway.
- Bi-level masks are similar to the first two machines, but they have a higher pressure output. These masks are placed over the nose, forehead and chin. Unlike the first two machines, this one does not need to be attached to an airway. Instead it is worn on the face like a regular mask.
- The supplemental airway device (SAT) is the last type of machine you will see. It is a machine that can be attached to the mouth just before bedtime. It forces the person to breathe through their mouth.
This reduces the chance of the sleeper snoring during the night. Because the SAT is used on a nightly basis, it is important to remember to clean it before leaving for bed each night.
Benefits of Using Ncap:
- There are many different benefits to using nCPAP when you are suffering from sleep apnea. The machine allows for easier breathing through a forced airflow.
- This helps to avoid snoring and reduces the risk of the disease progressing. It also improves your ability to oxygenate blood, which is vital to sustaining life.
- One of the biggest benefits of the machine is that it helps you fall asleep faster. When you are tired and not well rested, it takes longer for you to fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night.
- Using the machine before bedtime, you are better prepared to fall asleep quickly so that you do not miss out on the rest you need.
Sleep apnea can be a difficult condition to treat. The use of the CPAP machine helps to take the pressure off your respiratory system and it relieves some of the symptoms. As your body adjusts to the changes occurring, it will become more efficient in helping to keep your airway clear so that you can sleep comfortably at night and wake up feeling refreshed.
A sleep apnea machine may also be used by individuals who suffer from periodic airway blockage. CPAP uses the same basic principles as a regular sleeping person’s case, in other words, your airways are open throughout the night.
Your body will begin to relax naturally as it begins to push more air into the airway and then fall asleep. This can occur at random or it can occur with a specific event such as the passing of a big event in your life such as the birth of a child.
The importance of regular CPAP treatment cannot be underestimated. This form of treatment has been proven to drastically reduce the chances of the development of a full blown sleep apnea disorder.
If you are interested in having your own machine installed in your home, then you should take a look at what is available on the market today. While you certainly can find a commercial unit that will fit nicely into your bedroom, you may want to try a less elaborate option. A portable machine may be a better choice for you and one that will allow you to use it in any room of the house or in any location you choose.
- When you are looking for NCPAP, you should make sure you choose a machine that will fit comfortably in your sleep room.
- There are some machines that are made to fit best in corners so if your bedroom is shaped like a rectangular shape, you will want to consider purchasing one of these.
- The machine will then be even more comfortable to sleep with because the sides are not flat against the wall which can cause irritation.
The use of NCPAP does not stop with giving the wearer a better night’s rest. It can help you stay awake during the day. This will allow you to accomplish your daily tasks in a much shorter period of time.
A machine will help you fall asleep faster so you can get more done in the amount of time you have available. If your doctor has prescribed what is the use of NCPAP for your condition, you should talk to him or her about using the machine.