In today’s accelerated world of technology, the supply-demand principle is getting seriously hampered. The link between people who demand and the businesses that supply is expanding rapidly. The need for intermediaries to bridge the gap is inevitable, for businesses have to survive, and customers have to be satisfied. Third-party platforms are making the task relatively easy for both parties. The food industry has already witnessed a massive involvement of intermediate delivery platforms rising to the occasion.
Apps like UberEats, DoorDash, etc., have set the tone when it comes to delivery platforms. The ideology behind food delivery platforms is simple – leverage technology to culminate in a wide range of restaurants for customers to order from the comfort of their homes. The global food delivery market is growing exponentially with a healthy CAGR of 11.4% between 2019 and 2024, reaching $164.5 billion by the end of the forecast period.
On the other hand, the smartphone wave is disrupting traditional businesses at a tremendous rate. According to Statista, there’ll be 3.8 billion smartphone users by 2021. A sea of entrepreneurs is venturing into the on-demand market for food delivery services. If you’re one of those entrepreneurs who aim at building a food delivery empire like UberEats, you need to be wary of the economic factors to create a food delivery app.
This blog discusses the steps and costs involved in developing a food delivery app. Besides, the blog also sheds light on how to reduce an entrepreneur’s budget substantially with the aid of clone app solutions.
The fundamentals in building an app like UberEats
Giving shape to an entrepreneur’s visions is no easy feat. A food delivery app development will inevitably involve the following steps.
- Conducting market research and analyzing needs
- Implementing the right business & revenue models
- Designing the UI/UX of the platform
- Loading the front-end with features and functionalities
- Securing the back-end by encrypting servers and databases
- Testing the app for bugs, glitches, and defects
- Launching the platform across Android & iOS platforms
Every step involved in the development process requires the utmost care and expert assistance. In a market where there’s neck-to-neck competition, only the best get to sustain and succeed.
Key factors influencing the budget
No one can fix a particular budget for on-demand food delivery app development due to the fact that various characteristics contribute to the total cost. A few vital elements that contribute to a major portion of your budget include,
- The types of platform: In today’s world, you need to have an Android & iOS app to cater to a wide range of audience effortlessly. It requires a separate team to develop the Android app & another distinctive team to develop the iOS platform. Besides, you need to have a web platform as well. The number of platforms you choose will decide your budget.
- The development team: Technical experts from various fields need to work cohesively to transform your ideas into a viable product. It would be best if you had a team of graphic designers, front-end & back-end developers, QA specialists, marketing experts, etc., by your side. The larger your development team, the higher goes your development cost.
- The complexity of your app design: An app design is crucial to engage the audience, navigating them through the platform. While it is advisable to have a minimalistic approach to app design, it requires extensive work to make an app design less complicated and informative. Your app design will impact your budget, as well.
- The region of app development: The development cost varies with different demographics. For example, hourly rates of app development in the US vary anywhere between $80 – $200 per hour, while in India & China, they are relatively less, ranging from $10 – $80 per hour. It is upto the entrepreneur to choose the region of app development.
- The features you integrate: To create a visual appeal among the audience, the feature-set is highly essential. An entrepreneur needs to incorporate the perfect blend of unique features and vital elements to create an immediate impact among the audience. Specific features like geofencing, in-app chat, in-app wallet, etc., will elevate your budget comprehensively.
- The marketing strategy: Brand visibility is one term that determines the success and failure of your business. Gaining a wide customer base is no easy feat, and one has to dedicate a specific budget for marketing. The concept of an on-demand app is to reach out to the right audience at the right time. Reaching out to the audience will inevitably involve marketing strategies.
These are certain vital elements that will decide your app development cost at the end of the day.
The strategy to reduce your budget
Now, an emerging entrepreneur cannot spend a massive sum on app development. To ease the burden of businesspersons, clone app solutions can come in handy. Customizing readymade clone apps and storming into the food delivery market is an easier task when compared to working extensively on building the app. An UberEats clone can be readily rebranded to meet an entrepreneur’s visions, saving them a bulk-load of development cost and time.
With recent advancements in modern technology, clone apps are gaining increased prominence among entrepreneurs worldwide. The convenience of modifying the app and capitalizing on the current demand isn’t possible with the traditional method of app development.
Critical aspects that can promise unparalleled success
While selecting a clone app can reduce your budget, your success in the industry is still uncertain. Similar to factors that influence cost, there are critical aspects to ensure your success. They include,
- Settling for the right business model: The business model decides how a platform should conduct operations. When it comes to food delivery apps, there are numerous business models to choose from. They include the restaurant-specific model, restaurant chain model, the aggregator model, and the marketplace model. Each business model varies in its functionality to a significant extent. Opting for the right model can be a game-changer for your business’s success.
- Pre-determining your revenue streams: An entrepreneur’s approach to any business is to benefit people and generate consistent income. With an efficient UberEats clone, one can generate revenue in numerous ways, including commissions from restaurants, subscription plans and delivery charges from customers, advertisement charges from third-party vendors, etc. It is advisable to pre-determine your revenue streams rather than lose income from sources after the app launch.
- Integrating the right feature-set: Features have the ability to lure the audience towards a food delivery site. You need to develop a front-end that is feature-loaded, user-friendly, and unique. Cutting-edge features like multi-lingual support, in-app wallet, etc., will enable you to have a competitive advantage over your rivals.
- Collaborating with an expert app development company: Unless and until you join hands with the right app development company, you cannot achieve success in your market. A company that is flexible, well-reputed, and matching your budget conditions can be your best-suited option to develop a food delivery app. To eliminate various hurdles and avoid dropping your project halfway, it is better to compare and analyze different companies before settling with one.
Killer features worth-considering in your food delivery app
It is a well-known fact that entrepreneurs work exhaustively on the platform’s feature-set as it interacts directly with the audience. A food delivery app solution involves apps for different stakeholders, including
- The customer app
- The delivery executive app
- The restaurant owner app
- The admin panel
Let’s discuss the features of these apps in the upcoming section.
Features of customer app:
- Single-step Registration: Register via email IDs or social media handles.
- Search and filter options: To browse restaurants and available food items.
- Schedule for later: Booking food items for a future date.
- Real-time tracking: Knowing the real-time location of delivery executives.
- Push notifications: To get instant updates on orders, discounts, etc.
- Multiple payment options: Paying for orders via credit/debit cards, net banking, etc.
- In-app chat/call: To establish a connection with delivery executives and restaurant owners.
- Ratings and reviews: To rate and review food ordering experience.
Features of the Delivery executive app:
- Availability toggle: To switch between their working hours.
- Accept/reject requests: To accept or turn down customer requests based on preferences.
- In-app navigation: To seamlessly reach restaurant and customer locations.
- Earnings profile: To analyze daily/weekly/monthly earnings.
- Manage deliveries: Accepting multiple deliveries to conserve time and energy.
Features of restaurant owner app:
- Order management dashboard: To get a detailed overview of ongoing/upcoming orders.
- Availability toggle: To go online/offline based on working hours.
- Real-time analytics: To generate reports on business metrics to make informed decisions.
- Earnings tab: To view restaurant earnings, either daily/monthly/annually basis.
- Geolocation: To know the exact location of delivery executives.
Features of admin panel:
- Bird’s eye view: To regulate the app activity from a single place.
- Verify service providers: To verify delivery executives/restaurants for their authenticity.
- CRM dashboard: To manage customers by resolving their queries at the earliest.
- Manage transactions: To process payments from customers to restaurants after the commission cut-down.
A vast portion of the food delivery app market is still unexplored. An entrepreneur with better clarity and the right approach can take on even the giant competitors with ease. One can reduce the budget substantially by opting for clone app solutions. A feature-rich UberEats clone can help you gain a stronghold of the food delivery market, paving the way for unrestricted revenue.
Reach out to an app development company, customize their food delivery app, and boost your ROI in no time.